Fall Family Festival
JACK-O-LANTERN CONTEST RULES
All entries may be dropped off as early as 4:00 p.m. but must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. to the contest organizers at the designated entrance (follow signs).
- Pumpkins must be real (no plastic or fake pumpkins).
- Only 1 entry per individual.
- All carving or decorating must be completed before arrival.
- Stencils are allowed, and parents are welcome to help, when carving; however, pumpkins should reflect the age and abilities of the child and should be primarily done by the child.
- No “Flame” candles allowed. Battery operated jack-o-lantern lights are allowed.
- Entries must not exceed 2 feet high, 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep.
- Entries must be free-standing or attached to a piece of plywood or foam core, so they can be easily displayed.
- Entry should not incorporate any amplified sound.
- Pumpkins must be family-friendly. Please do not incorporate any violent, gory, sexually suggestive, etc. elements. Organizers have the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate.
- All pumpkins must be removed after the event. Any left will be disposed of.
- No name or identifying information may be on the pumpkin. You/your pumpkin will be assigned a number when you register.
- Pumpkins may be carved or painted/decorated in other ways and will be divided into the following divisions*:
- Kids up to 8 yrs.
- Kids 8 to 12 yrs.
- Kids 13 to 17 yrs.
- Adults 18 and older
- Entries in each division will be judged on design, detail, creativity, originality, and use of theme. THEME: “Shine the Light of Jesus”
- Winners will be announced at 6:00 pm. Contestants must be present to win. Judges’ decisions are final.
*If enough pumpkins are entered in each age division, they will be further divided into the categories of carved, painted, and decorated.
|Town and Country Christian Church Prayer List|
Art & Francine Daniels -
Please be praying for God's divine healing and quick recovery for our sweet Francine.
Francine's FB post: "I've been on a roller coaster ride. Yesterday morning I had a stroke. Been thru lots of tests and will be here another night with more tests. Thank GOD I have regained my speech and I have no problems with motor skills at this time."